Using wikis in Science
Activity 1: Using a wiki for a group discussion
Click here and follow the instructions on the screen.
Other uses of wikis in Science:
- Share experiment results.
- Get students to write 5 things they learned from a learning object.
- Practice answering exam questions.
Control of content versus ease of use.
- A wiki that is completely open and does not require users to log in to edit is easiest for students to use. It also gives you little control over the wiki.
- Password protecting your wiki keeps your students' work private.
- If your school has Moodle consider setting up your wikis in Moodle.